We complete an initial phone interview and from there we determine if you would fit into our system.
After the initial qualification we then conduct an in-home interview to fully understand your desire to host pets and determine if you meet our qualifications. During the in-home interview we will:
- Determine the type of pets you have owned or cared for previously
- Inspect your home for cleanliness, safety and layout to determine what pets would work best. (example: if you have lots of steps we would not give you a pet that is geriatric and would have a hard time going up and down)
- Check out your yard for security and safety.
- Determine the type of pet that is most compatible with your pet if you have pets of your own. (If you have an older pet, we would not want to have you care for a jumping, hyper puppy)
- Determine the type of pets you are most interested in caring for in your home. (Some of our hosts only want dogs while others only are interested in cats. If you are interested in caring for dogs, we will determine size, age, and any breed restrictions.)
During the in-home interview, you will be given the Pets Are Inn Host Family Guideline Manual that addresses any “What ifs” that may occur while you are caring for a pet.
After you are approved, we will place a pet in your home that we feel is a good match with you. You will be given instructions and notes from the owner’s interview with the medication, daily routines, foods and other important things their pet needs. Pets Are Inn will also take care of the transportation of the pets to and from the host families. Then you are finally ready to get started pet sitting where you can enjoy the companionship of a pet.
Caring for pets since 1982, Pets Are Inn is the “#1 Alternative for Boarding Your Pet While You’re Away” with “All the Comforts of Home.”