Cages Are Taboo…
Pets Are Inn makes special arrangements for your pet that far surpass the offerings of a traditional kennel. We carefully screen animal loving individuals and families to care for your dog/cat(s). These “Host Families” take your 4-legged companion into their home and give them the personal attention they are used to … lots of love, petting, playing, walking, a warm comfortable place to sleep, and of course, the food you provide, served when and the way your pet likes it.
The only time your pet is put in a “kennel/crate” is if you provide one for sleeping and/or confinement when gone.
Your “Host Family” does their best to ensure that your dog/cat has a happy and pampered stay because we know your special family member deserves the best! There is no shortage of love and attention in our homes!
How It Works
Reservations are required and we ask that you allow ample time for us to make the proper boarding arrangements. We recommend that you call earlier than normal for major holidays. Getting started:
- We would conduct a 10-15 minute phone interview with you about your pet’s needs and behaviors, daily routine and other habits. We use this information to select an appropriate host to provide the most personalized care of your pet. Being candid and honest during this intake interview ensures the best stay for your pet.
- Lodging cost is based on the type of pet you have. For dogs the rate is based on age and weight. Rates are daily and charged in half day increments. (Half-day rates are assessed for afternoon pickups or morning returns.) There may be extra fees if your pet requires extra special care, or if your pet is not spayed or neutered. Please click here for boarding rates.
- We would provide mandatory round-trip transportation from your home to the host family. Each office has different pick up and drop off times and we do provide service on Sundays.
- A $50 non-refundable and non-transferable per-pet deposit is required and it is subtracted from your final bill (for first-time clients, new pets, and peak season reservations), which can be applied to Visa or MasterCard.
- Each office has policies regarding cancellations and last-minute changes to reservations. We recommend you review these policies and verify with your Pets Are Inn office if you need to cancel or change your reservation.
Please make sure that your pet’s shots are up-to-date as we do verify this with your vet. Pets Are Inn requires the following vaccinations to be current:
- RABIES for both cats and dogs.
- Bordetella is recommended.
- If your pet has allergic reactions to vaccinations we honor the titers test results. Normally, it takes about 6 weeks to obtain titers testing results.
Pets Are Inn has taken steps to make your pet’s stay a healthy and happy one. However, there is always the chance that your pet could become ill.
If medical attention is required, we will contact your veterinarian. If circumstances require more immediate action, we will contact the veterinarian closest to your pet’s “Host Family.” We have established affiliations with highly qualified veterinarians throughout the area. This ensures access to medical treatment 24 hours a day. We also ask that you give us a local emergency contact who we can contact immediately to communicate any issues or ask questions. This is especially important if you are going to be out of the country or without access to your phone or email.
For more questions see the FAQ section.
Pets Are Inn Video
Click here for Bessie’s Pets Are Inn Vacation (approximately five minutes).
We think Pets Are Inn is the greatest thing around. But don’t just take our word for it! Read what customers and host families have said about their experiences with Pets Are Inn.
Pets Are Inn, Inc. is a Pet Business Corporation offering Pet Business Franchises, where each Franchise provides loving pet boarding in pre-screened, approved host family homes. Franchises are available throughout the United States.
Caring for pets since 1982, Pets Are Inn is the “#1 Alternative for Boarding Your Pet While You’re Away” with “All the Comforts of Home.”